This week marks a monumental occurance; TJ was not only able to switch to day shifts, but for the next four months, he also has off EVERY weekend and EVERY Monday AND every other Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not sure if anyone else will realize how amazing this is, but let me just tell you, IT IS AMAZING!!!!!! Ever since TJ and I have been together, over 5 years now, we have never had a regular work schedule. He's never had weekends off, he's never worked a normal morning-evening shift, and honestly, we have never really cared too much. But now we have this super cute "little" family, and we miss him, a lot. His night shift work may mean that he is home, but he is in bed. The poor guys has to sleep some time! And on his days off, my big kiddos are still in school, so they never have a full day to see their dad. There is litterally only a few hours a week where all of us are together. But this has been so normal that it we have all just learned to adapt and be happy with the way things are. As you know though, weekends are hard for me sometimes. When everyone else is with their families, I am at home by myself trying to keep four kids happy. And I'm sure my kids would love to go do fun stuff on their days off from school, but it really just isn't possible for me to do all by myself. BUT....TJ IS HOME!
I just can't wait for this summer. We can invite people over, we can plan weekend camping trips (we already have a few on the calendar, anyone else want to join??), visit family, and PLAY. Sweet sweetness. I know these four months will eventually come to an end, but I'm not going to focus on that right now. I'm just going to love the moments we have and are going to be able to create. I hope Spokane is ready for the Ewen's....ALL of them! =)
YAY! I am so excited for you Jamie! What a blessing indeed! Where are you guys going for camping? Molly isn't the best traveler, but I'd like to make the pitch to Nate to go camping.... let me know!
ReplyDelete