Thursday, April 29, 2010

My bad...

Because my life sometimes looks different from others, I feel like the negatives are often times more outwardly visible then the positives.  And then after my last post, I can see why people would be a little "concerned" about my sanity and my choices.  I'm feeling a little bad about that.  I think that's why I haven't come up with a post since then.  While I know it's funny, it really is only a small piece to my life.  Mothering my children has brought more joy, more laughter, more happiness then anything I have ever experienced.  Sometimes I hide behind my sarcasm to help people relate who I fear otherwise wouldn't understand.  But what if, instead, my sarcastic remarks are scaring people away from possibly making the choice to be different, therefore, bringing unending JOY into their lives?  Forgive me, please.  I don't want people to feel sorry for me, or even think that I'm doing something that they could never do.  This is not true.  The old saying truly goes here, "If I can do it, ANYone can do it!" ALL of my children are blessings.  ALL of my children are amazing.  ALL of my children bring me great happiness and peace.  ALL of my children allow me to love my life.  I know this life is not for everyone.  Some days, I feel it isn't for me too!  But I think I would say that no matter what life I had entered into.  Man, life is hard.  But it sure is beautiful.


2 comments:

  1. Jaime, first of all...I don't think that anything that you wrote in your last blog would necessarily be considered a "negative." I thought that it simply depicted (accuately) how being a parent is not about YOU. Being a parent, especially of multiple children, IS hard work, time consuming and completely unpredictable. But that is not to say that it is not 100% rewarding, because it is. I personally think that it is OK to write comical examples of what can/does happen, not only because it is an excellent coping skill, but it does help other people to know that they are not alone. It honestly felt good to know that I am not the only one that has mornings like that! (today was not one of those days though! Hallelujah! The boys were angels!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ann, I totally agree with you. I'm sure there will be many more "comical" posts about my days of parenting. How could I help myself! =)
    I just have had a few conversations with people who have told me that my life just seems too much, too chaotic, or just not what they ever want their life to look like. People will always have their own opinions, however, I personally never want to be the cause for anyone thinking my kids are not a blessing to my life, or to think my life is not following in God's light because of somethin I may have said, or done.
    With that said, bring on the funny and the craziness! It's how I survive!!! =)

    ReplyDelete