Wednesday, May 19, 2010

There Was an Old Woman Who Lived in a Shoe...

While I might not be old, and I don't think I live in a Shoe (despite what the smells might try to suggest), I can't help but think of this little old lady when I look out on my front lawn and see things like this...

This is a VERY typical after-school, Ewen home experience.  And that picture doesn't include the children who walked over to my house without a bike.  I love it most days, I want to pull my hair out others, and I find that saying things like, "I'm not the neighborhood Snack Machine!" is becoming a little too normal.  I think it's pretty cool though, that my children have the opportunity to have lots of fun with the other kids in the neighborhood on a regular basis.  I like that I know they are safe in my home, and when they aren't here, that the other parents are loving my kids the same way.  The difference between me and that crazy little old lady... I get to tell all those bikes to "go home" eventually! =) I know they'll be back tomorrow though! And I love it.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, what a good mommy you are. You should get the big bag of carrots @ Costco and offer those! ha ha...probably wouldn't get too many takers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'm impressed that those bikes are all standing upright in a row and not scattered all over the yard! I'm sure the neighborhood kids love spending time at your house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe, truth be told, I actually had some of the kids help me line them up like that. Otherwise you wouldn't have seen all of them as they are ALWAYS scattered all over my yard, and never standing up like that either. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have come along way since our Kafka days. :)

    ReplyDelete