And some of my neighbors do think that is wierd. I could tell that some people thought we were freaks who probably spiked the hot cocoa with Mary Jane, but for the most part people were thrilled to warm up with a nice hot drink while their kids filled their bags with candy at our fishing booth.
This year we decided to do the carnival again. And we had some of the same. A few parents wouldn't come past the sidewalk and hurried their excited kids through. But lots of people remembered us from last year and were excited to see us bigger and better then we were the year before.
This time I put up a sign (yes, I vinyled it) on the main road a few days before to let people know about our carnival. And then we made a super cool, HUGE fishing booth board (yes, I vinyled that too). Then we had an apple bobbing station, face painting, blongo ball, and coffee and apple cider (saved us TONS of time mixing up cocoa, and was still super yum-O), and TONS of our friends to help play games and pass stuff out.
There were over 30 of us hanging out at our house that night. We polished off two giant crockpots full of chili while we waited for people to join our fun. We were our own party, which was pretty awesome.
Not a single trick-or-treater showed up til after 6 and we were ready to go by 4! So while we waited we had plenty of time for pictures. We had the entire cast of Alice & Wonderland; Alice, Queen of Hearts, White Queen, Mad Hatter, March Hare, Caterpillar,Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dumber (my lovely husband was the Dumber of the two, but it was noticed that atleast he knew how to spell his name correctly) and myself, the Cheshire Cat. =) That's my big Cheshire smile. I would love to show you a picture of the whole group, but there are a few kiddos in the pic that I can't post due to them being in foster care. But I can tell you, we all looked awesome!!
![]() |
| My beautiful White Queen and our Princess Kyrsta |
![]() |
| Alice, Queen of Hearts, and White Queen |
![]() |
| The picture says it all... |
| My Cheshire Cat with the cutest tail-holder around |
![]() |
| turtles bobbing for apples |
![]() |
| My Michelangelo |
So, what was the coolest thing you saw someone doing/handing out while you trick-or-treated with your kids? I'd really love to know!





A Church up the road did a thing called Trunk or Treat. Where their cars were decorated and had a blast. Only had to spend about 20 minutes going through the parking lot then it was off to the jump castles and the moon bounces. Bethany had a blast she was a duck because her Tinkerbell costume was itchy. Cassie Gulling Bleam
ReplyDelete